Garnet USA, located in the historic Ruby Valley, operates a hard rock garnet mining and processing facility that produces industrial quality garnet for the abrasive markets in the USA, as well as for export. Garnet USA is a part of the global GMA Garnet Group, the world’s leading producer and supplier of industrial garnet.
- Process Engineer
- Production Manager
- Master Electrician
- Equipment Operator
- Plant Operator Level I (2 Openings Available)
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Health Insurance coverage for full-time regular employees paid by Garnet USA. Garnet USA will also pay 75% of dependent premiums on the health insurance. Our health insurance plan is through Cigna and is a $1000 deductible/individual and $2,000 deductible/Family. Employees are eligible for insurance benefits at the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
- $10,000 Life and AD&D Insurance for employees paid by Garnet USA.
- Employees also have the option to enroll in the following elective coverages at their expense:
- Dental insurance with Cigna
- Vision insurance with VSP
- Additional Life insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Accident coverage
- Supplemental Critical Care coverage
- American Funds 401(k), Garnet USA matches up to 4%. Employees are eligible to participate in the plan at the 1st of the quarter after 30 days of employment.
- General Incentive Scheme; Dependent on Employee performance and meeting production targets, reviewed each 6 months. Employees could be eligible for an incentive payment of 4% to 8% of their gross wages for that 6 months.
- Paid time off accrues at 3.38 hours per bi-weekly pay period, which comes out to about 88 hours per year. The accrual rate increases after 2 years and again after 6 years.
- Paid Holidays; New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas and the day after.
- Uniforms provided at the completion of the 6-month probationary period; 4 shirts and 1 pair of steel toe boots up to $160 (annually), 1 jacket (every 3 years), and up to $250 towards prescription safety glasses (every 2 years).